Sunday, August 23, 2020

Dear Village Residents:

Dear Village Residents;

I do not generally write about issues that happen in other communities. However, since the tragic death in Minneapolis, many communities throughout our nation have been impacted. As your Mayor, I would like to share some of my thoughts. First and foremost, my goal is to maintain the safety and security of everyone. I will continue to work with the outstanding Otsego County Sheriff's Department, as well as our State Police officials to achieve that goal. I do understand that many want to send a message for change. I hope the message is sent without violence.  I also hope as a village we can come together peacefully, and build up our community, not tear it down.

I hope that together, as the Village  community, we can emerge from the pandemic and the other tragic events  with increased compassion, understanding, respect, and dignity for one another, and a renewed commitment for decency and equality for all people.

I pray our world can be peacefully united, and our community can get back to some type of normalcy very soon. I am proud to be your Mayor, and proud of all our residents; in light of all the hardships, stress, and suffering, our “Village” remains strong.

Thank you

Mark

1 comment: